Saturday, September 13, 2008

A Lapdog Admires a Watchdog

The Journal Sentinel was selected at APME’s national conference in Las Vegas after a panel of judges narrowed a field of 30 entries to three finalists.

The other finalists were Florida Today and the Las Vegas Sun.

“Certainly for the journalists in audience, the Journal Sentinel watchdog approach is appealing,” said Bob Heisse, chairman of the APME innovation committee. “I’m not surprised that it won the vote.”

According to the APME Web site, the Innovator of the Year Award recognizes innovation in print, online, management, structure or other areas that demonstrate a bold, creative effort to improve a news or information product and increase audience.
I nearly fell off my chair when I read Bob's words.

Let's see if  Bob and the CDT will follow the lead of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel and start acting like a watchdog with respect to Penn State rather than the lapdog it has been, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that to happen.

Technorati Tags: ,

Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: