Monday, February 16, 2009

Thomas Paine He Ain't

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette has an interview with Fox News personality Glenn Beck.
Q: When your audience began to grow and the power you wield to influence people grew did the message change?

A: From 2000 to today you see a profound change in me. I am extraordinarily aware of the responsibility that I have. I still have to be an entertainer. I still am who I am. I get a lot of mail from the Fox viewers saying, "Can you please watch your language?" I mean, help me, please. I'm an alcoholic that gave up everything in my life. I'm working on it. I'm a work in progress. So I am still a flawed individual, but I'm trying my hardest to do my job in a responsible way. Nobody listens to each other anymore. They just put you in a box, a category. I am truly not against Democrats, and I am truly not for the Republicans. I am for common sense. I just said to my producer I don't know how we do this show without politicians, but I have found myself in the last week finding myself as the host not even listening to them, left and right. I don't think the majority of them believe anything. It's just like a show to them. It's a game. I really truly believe our republic is at stake.
To better understand what Beck has in mind when he talks about common sense, watch the following video clip (Via Media Matters) of Beck with Bill O'Reilly.


Beck does the near impossible. He makes O'Reilly look sane.

Technorati Tags: , ,

Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: