Thursday, January 18, 2007

Penn State Big Borrower

Via Inside Higher Ed comes news from Bloomberg that Penn State has recently floated a $170 million bond issue to finance the construction of the Dickinson Law School building at University Park-groundbreaking is tomorrow-and a new student health center. According to Inside Higher Ed, Penn State was amongst the top three university borrowers last week. The other two are the University of California and University of Colorado.

Remember, when the University borrows for capitol projects it uses tuition dollars to repay the loans.

Note
:This is a significantly edited version of my original post along with a new title. I edited it because I became uncertain of a claim made in it after I posted it. I tried to find evidence to back it up but couldn't. Hence I made the changes.

No comments: